By know, I am sure most business professionals have heard about or have already implemented EDI, ERP Management Systems and of course eCommerce Stores. If not, here’s a quick explanation of each:
- EDI Communication: is the process of electronically exchanging business documents, like Purchase Orders and Invoices, with Business Partners. EDI Service Providers handle all incoming and outgoing communication flows between 2 Trading Partners. To simplify this process companies use tools, like EDI2XML, that convert incoming EDI documents into a readable format like XML (& vice versa). Learn more about EDI and this EDI Translation Service
- ERP Software Solutions: An ERP system is a fully integrated business management solution used to manage and store all business data. Modules include Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Sales Management & Forecasting, Inventory Management along with many add-ons like Business Intelligence, Warehouse Management, etc. Check out erpWizard for more information
- eCommerce Platforms: is an online retail of goods and services. This electronic store allows consumers to browse, shop and buy products online from anywhere and at anytime.
Many businesses are already using all 3 of these technologies as they all have the power to increase efficiency, improve and simplify business processes as well as increase revenue in the long-term. However, in order for these solutions to be seen as a triple threat is if they were all integrated.
Integrating your eStore and EDI Translation Service into your ERP Solution allows you to:
- Efficiently manage your Supply Chain
- Increase and automate your communication with Trading Partners
- Increase visibility into your business processes
Supply Chain Management
By synchronizing your line of supplies and customer demands, you’ll have the capabilities of responding to the growing demands of consumers while ensuring your supply chain lines are kept full. Also, empowering your eCommerce platform with EDI capabilities will bring a better balance between customer demands coming in from your online store and supply chain demands. Exchanging real-time information automatically with suppliers will ensure proper management of your Supply Chain.
Consumers nowadays expect their orders to be processed and shipped out rather quickly. In order to satisfy these customers, it’s essential your processes are visible and lines of communication (between both you and the consumer and you and your suppliers/Trading Partners) are kept open and automated. Manually entering incoming orders into your Management System delays processing and shipments to the customer (also, this is how errors occur).
All in all, it’s about having the necessary, real-time data under one roof – where all eCommerce data and EDI orders come in to your ERP system for increased visibility into Sales, Inventory, Accounting, etc. You can easily track and manage your communication with suppliers as well as with consumers WITHOUT any real need for human intervention and data entry. Your business processes can be automated, simplified and visible with the simple integration of EDI, ERP and eCommerce.